Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Semiotics Paper....Oh the Humanity!

Well, today, we talked about a few important things and ideas but one of the most important things we talked about was our marks on our semiotic analysis papers, worth 30 percent of our mark. Mark talked about how 69 (our class average) was the highest average on the papers he had in the last few years for the Mass Communications class which was pretty good to hear. I was still scared. I had worked hard on it, but i didnt think i worked as hard as a possibly could on it because I had a lot of other things due the week i submitted it. Ever since I came to university, I have been working a lot harder than I did in in high school because now I have to pay for it myself, and why waste money on something that I am going to use in my future!

SO, when i received my paper back at the end of class, I took a quick look and on the front page the word thesis was followed by a question mark. THESIS? That sure as heck did not seem like a good sign, but then there was also a checkmark after. I didnt know what to think, so I continued to the back and saw my mark; 69; the class average. Although this was not as good of a mark as I wanted to get, I was happy that I did as well as a lot of other people, and even some of my friends got really low marks.

Now all thats left to do is finish these blogs which are obviously the biggest part of this whole course, and to write the last word to Mr. Lipton. I'll write again in a bit to give some updates on how I am doing on these blogs and the last word.

No comments: