Sunday, November 11, 2007

Coming Home

When I went off to school, I was very excited about living away from my parents for long periods of time and being able to control everything in my life. After a couple weeks without my family I began to realize what they did without me knowing it, and what I now need to do for myself. They always cleaned the dishes, washed my clothes, made great home made food for me, bought me things, and above all were always there for me if say, I got a bad mark on a project. Now, whenever I am at school I have to do these things for myself, and it kind of sucks but I am getting used to it. Coming home for a weekend here and there really helps, and reminds me how much I really miss my parents. The Christmas break will be fun, having a month to see friends and spend time with family while managing a job at my local Bestbuy. This weekend particularly was spent catching up with a few friends, doing some homework, and contacting my managers at work to see where they can fit me in for the holiday season. Christmas is an exciting time, and I can't wait until it comes but before then it is going to be a busy few weeks, and it is beginning to start now. At the end of November I am heading to Ottawa to see my best friend for his birthday, so it should be a really fun time because I here it is really nice in the winter up there.

No comments: